ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 21:30:24 -0400
I probably needed to hear this myself.  When I was prayed for when I
was younger, I thought I'd have to conjure up the sense/feeling that
says, "Yes, I'm absolutely convinced that I will receive my eyesight!"
I remember you telling us the story about commanding your dog to drop
the ball.  Did you have to make yourself feel confident that he would
obey you, or was it merely what you thought and decided to make your
voice sound with authority?  You also had a saying in some of your
signatures that faith is where you stand.  That was hard to wrap my
finger around.  If it were a decision of where you'll physically stand
on a human chessboard, I could understand how that would work.

But now comes this revelation that believing is what you think!
There's that verse in the old testament that says, as a man thinks in
his heart, so is he.  So, if we choose to cultivate the attitude that
says, I believe that what God says he will do, he will keep his
promiseour actions and  feelings that correspond to that thinking come
more naturally.