ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:22:32 -0600
One thing wrong with the below article.  Talking phones generally all are
web phones that have internet service.  This means, you pay a monthly
service fee for your phone to be connected to the internet.  Plus, the
speech packages cost money.  What everyone is hoping, of course, is that
Apple's phones will have the speech and screen reading software built into
their phones just like they've done with their computers.  Additionally,
using a web phone to do all your email would be a royal pain in the butt
because the tiny keyboards make it impossible to do anything more than hunt
and peck and that is mighty slow.  However, what I am most thankful for, is
that I can answer anyone by recording a voice attachment.  Then when you get
it on your end, you simply open the attachment and listen to me talk.  You
can reply the same way and this can be done from your computer or by your
web phone.  I'd like to see a mailing list set up for such voice attachments
only.  If everyone kept their replies to one or two or three minute recorded
attachments on the mailing list, and the list wasn't allowed to get too
large, it would be more than a little fun to do.

Phil.