From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2011 18:01:29 -0400
Today on the 40 meter round-table I mentioned the awesome web site I'm using
to prepare for the extra class license test that I plan to take at Dayton.
Tom asked me to post the info on here for those who may need such a
resource.  The site is:

http://www.hamtestonline.com

First, it's wonderfully accessible.  They give you questions and 4 multiple
choice answers which you choose by means of radio buttons.  In the study
mode, they also provide a paragraph or so on a particular subject before
they start asking you questions on it as well as links to additional info
should you care to explore a subjectg further. there is also a practice exam
mode where you can take simulated exams just like the ones administered by
the VEC.  As you answer these questions, you're told whether or not you're
correct and if not, the correct answer is also given.

You do have to subscribe to gain access to all the material.  For the extra,
it's $34 for a 2-year subscription so you have plenty of time to prepare for
a test.  They also update the question pools when they change so you can
stay right on top of things.

There are more than 700 questions in the extra pool and, of course, you have
no idea which 50 you will have to answer so it's best to get familiar with
all of them.  I had feared this would be a tedious process indeed but to my
surprise and delight, I found it was great fun.  The learning and
reinforcement keeps you awake and involved.

If you check it out, be sure to read the FAQ and study tips sections.  lots
of good and useful stuff there.  I have found this to be a first-rate
resource.  73,  lou WA3MIX