AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellen Perlow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:05:56 -0600
Dear List Members.

Important note on Non-Partisan VOTING information originally posted on the
Justice for All discussion list.
-------
Ellen Perlow

>From: Justice For All Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Where to vote? Problems with voting hotlines?
>Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:36:49 -0500
>
>Where to vote? Problems with voting hotlines?
>
>AAPD ALERT
>
>The following are resources for voters to use if they have
>questions about voting.
>
>The League of Women Voters Education Fund (www.vote411.org)
>provides such information as:
>
>* ID requirements to vote
>* Where to vote
>* Early voting and absentee opportunities, plus more
>
>For voting problems or if you need to talk to a lawyer, the
>nonpartisan Election Protection Coalition has launched its
>national voter assistance hotline (1.866.OUR.VOTE or
>1.866.687.8683) and poll location website
>(www.mypollingplace.com). This hotline is staffed by live
>callcenter operators trained to provide state specific assistance
>to all voters. The services will include bi-lingual assistance
>for areas with a heavy concentration of Spanish-speaking voters.
>
>The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed
>Officials (www.naleo.org/veyvota.html) has set up a
>national nonpartisan, bilingual hotline.
>
>* Am I registered to vote?
>* How do I vote absentee?
>* Where is my polling place?
>* What is provisional voting?
>* Can I vote early?
>* My name is not on the list and they do not let me vote?
>* I have not received my sample ballot?
>* What information will be on the ballot?
>* I went to the polling place and was denied assistance.
>
>All voter rights complaints and obstacles to voting encountered
>by the voters will be documented and monitored.

>For more voting news issues, see:
>http://www.aapd.com/dvpmain/votenews/indexvotenews.php
>
># # #
>
>DISCLAIMER: The JFA Listserv is designed to share information
>of interest to people with disabilities and promote dialogue
>in the disability community. Information circulated does not
>necessarily express the views of AAPD. The JFA Listserv is
>non-partisan.
>
>JFA ARCHIVES: All JFA postings from 1995 to present are
>available at: http://www.jfanow.org/jfanow/
>
>MODERATOR, Gwen Gillenwater, JUSTICE FOR ALL -- A Service of
>the American Association of People with Disabilities. To
>contact Gwen, please email her at [log in to unmask]
>
>JOIN AAPD! There's strength in numbers! Be a part of a national
>coalition of people with disabilities and join AAPD today at
>http://www.aapd.com.

Microsoft Office Live

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<