ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2012 18:05:05 -0600
Sharon,

The keyboard displays, when needed, on the screen.  You slide your fingers
around and listen for letters or numbers, and then double tap it and that
letter is put into the text line.  However, you can use a dictation feature
and speak the words to be entered into the text line.  You can also use an
external keyboard made for cell phones that is wireless or in other words,
operates by blue tooth.  The speech and screen reader is built in and is
working right out of the box.  A sighted person might have to navigate to
settings and turn the speech to on but then you can tap with two fingers to
turn speech off and on from anywhere you are operating, that is, whatever
screen is displayed.  There are 3-fingered taps, flicking motions with the
tip of your finger up and down, and other such finger features to allow you
to navigate but it speaks everything you do and even explain some of the
finger key commands, meaning, what that command is for and if you have to
tap it a second time.