BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 08:54:29 -0500
Next you'll want people to reason and respond physically and emotionally
and with humor and with discipline.  You'll expect someone to know how
it feels to rake a joint and know why it needs to be raked.  You'll
expect one to evaluate a building for its post modern alterations, its
modern structural system, its...hell, you'll expect someone to
understand that buildings are made of systems and material and that
loosing either is to loose the building.  Then you'll go on and insist
that the job site be kept tiddy.

You think the "headless hand" is a monster?  The craftsman who strives
to know it all and insists that those around him follow similar paths
may be the monster today.  ala frankenstein

A recent political ad:  "We must end the perception that the courts are
for sale."  I think that we need to be very wary of perceptions.  We
should not strive to achieve a perception.  The joint should not appear
to be raked properly, it should be raked properly.  The craftsman should
not appear to know a great deal about his craft, he should know.  We
should not appear to be preserving buildings, we should do it.

I'm gonna get down off this horse now, anybody got a ladder?