From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2011 08:17:37 -0400
    Trevor:

When I used a tri-bander on my tower a few years ago, I had something called
a "beam location indicator" from Handihams.  It is a little box that takes a
9-volt battery, with connections to your rotor box.

The beam indication locator has a knob on the top that you set for your
desired beam heading.  The unit gives out an audible tone that decreases in
frequency as you get closer to your desired beam heading, as you adjust the
controls on your rotor box, until it nulls out when you reach that heading.

So, I simply labled the Beam Location Indicator box with direction markings,
to tell me where to set the knob, and I was good to go.

I believe the Beam Location Indicator is still available from Handihams for
an approximate cost of $30 U.S.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ