From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2011 21:34:49 -0500
Tom,

All I can say is ouch.  Hope you can get this resolved.  I'll take a
guess here and say that the weight of the coax (with maybe the extra
weight of ice and snow) pulled it out of the pl-259.     I always do
something to attach the weight of  the coax   to the center insulator
with dacron rope, and leave a loop of 2 or 3 feet with the pl-259 to
attach to the center insulator.   This way there is no strain on the
connector itself.

 From what you told us on 40 today, I'm guessing that this thing fell
down earlier and you charred it by trying to tune the amp into a length
of coax laying on the ground.

Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

73, Steve KW3A