From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:06:24 -0700
This is a common complaint, and my experience is similar. A
manufacturer replacement battery costs more then the value of the
laptop, and yet a third party battery is worthless. I think this is a
combination of cheap components, and manufacturing processes, as well
as long shelf time. A few years ago, PCWorld magazine did an article
on this, and tested batteries from many vendors. They ended up
recommending laptopbatteryexpress.com. I just bought an extended
battery for my Thinkpad X41 Tablet from them. The price was twice
what a really cheap vendor would ask but I am OK with that if it
holds up. I thought the fit of the battery was a little off, but only
time will tell if it lasts as long as the original Leveno battery. It
came with the usual 1 year warrenty. At least they are a USA vendor,
and I have known them to be around for at least a decade.

Mark Rode

>Gregg,
>I also bought one of the cheapie replacememt batteries for a Dell
>610, and had to exchange it twice in the last 6 months.
>Paul Hachmeyer
>

>Hi group,
>_*Is there a better battery out there that will last more than 6-12
>months*_. I bought a cheapy from a store on Amazon because I'd heard
>the Dell batteries are expensive and won't last much longer but, I
>think it was going bad by 5-6 months old.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml