From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2011 19:11:53 -0500
The latest version of the player firmware is 2.1.7, as of October, 2011.  Go
to the NLS BARD website,  http://nlsbard.loc.gov , log in and you will find
a link to the latest firmware toward the bottom of the front page.  It
unzips into a folder named \upgrade on the flash drive, and contains four
folders and 267 files.  One of the new features of 2.1.7 is that the player
will no longer suspend and resume USB drives plugged into the side port.
This makes a lot more flash drives compatible, including some SD card reader
combinations.  The downside is that playback time on the battery  is reduced
by about 30 percent.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Wheaton, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls