From:
"Linda C. Knight" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2011 16:58:02 -0500
Hi all,

Linda knight here,

Hi,

I am interested in studying for my ham license.

I am deaf-blind, but I have cochlear implants which enable me to hear and
understand so much better than my hearing aids ever did.

My radio experience is I have used the cb radio for many years till my
hearing went down-and general life got in the way.

My experience includes working channel 9 with 2 react organizations in
Pensacola fl for some years in the 70s and early 80s.

Now, at 54, I am ready to take on ham radio.

I have been listening to my police scanner and I am so very happy and
surprised that I can still hear most transmissions.

So I have questions about how to get started and need to find out if I can
use a ham radio even though I live in a condo community and can't have
antenna.

Any help and pointers would be appreciated.

I am in new port richey fl.

I understand I can use repeaters

As you can tell, I have lots to learn.

Thank you,