From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2011 15:33:00 -0600
I really like it! it seems to work well anywhere as long as it is
close to resonant on each of the bands it supports. It definitely
works well on ten meters and on 12, 17, and I've gotten good signal
reports on 20 and 40. It does need to be guyed, to keep it from
flopping around in high winds though it is rated for 60 MPH I
believe. Mine is mounted on a clothes line pole, have no ground
radials since it is advertised to work fine without them. One thing,
when installing, make sure that sections are tightened, and when the
cold weather sets in, it may get a little loosened, so the sections
need to be tightened, when the temps go down, particularly the jumper
straps around the loading coils at the top of the antenna.
Those bands have independent loading coils and capacity hat that are
connected by a series jumper straps, and if not guyed properly also
they flop around some, exacerbating the problems. I am truly
impressed with the antenna.

Curt

W B 6 H E F
Fessenden, North Dakota; 58438-7300