From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:19:06 -0400
Hi, all.

 Is anyone other than me planning to do the North American QSO Party single
sideband contest today?

It runs from 1800 Z this afternoon until 0600 Z Sunday morning.

That translates into 2 p.m. this afternoon until 2 a.m. tomorrow morning
Eastern time.  A single operator can do the contest for a maximum of 10
hours.

The contest runs on the usual HF contest bands--10, 15, 20, 40, 80, and 160.

The exchange is very simple--just name and ARRL section.

The contest is a blast!

On a slightly down note, I won't be able to do today's contest as seriously
as I would like, since I now have no laptop to log with, and my other home
PC is not in a convenient location, but I'll be there in spirit.  Guess I'll
keep my log in Braille (the old way), and just hope I don't make too many
duplicate contacts.

I have a new laptop coming within the next week or so, but the timing just
isn't right for today.

Hope to hear many of you a little later!

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI