From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:31:14 -0600
I am interested to know if anyone on list uses the linux ubuntu operating
system, and if so, what sort of speech accessibility is availible?
I ask because DSD 1.4, digital speech decoder, can now decode the EDACS
Provoice digital systems in realtime instead of just saving it to a wav file
for later listening.
The lag time is about 4 seconds, but it'll do it in realtime now.
The only software currently able to decode provoice consistently is DSD
along with Mbelid, and they only run on linux V10.04.

Our local police department uses Provoice for certain comms and now that the
technology is availible to listen to it, I want to start learning how to use
it.

So if anyone who successfully uses linux 10.04 could let me know where to
get started, I would very much appreciate it.

73
Colin, V A6BS