From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 14:13:59 -0230
Hi All:

Still trying to figure out what to do with my G5RV not tuning properly with the internal tuner on the Yaesu FT-450.
With regards to converting it to a 40/10M loop, would it be pretty easy  to detach the ladderline component, and move it, resoldering it to one of the corners for feeding?
Right now, the G5RV is like a T with the ladderline section hanging down from the center. I'm thinking of removing this ladderline section, the end insolators, have 20 feet of wire soldered on each end,
closing them up to form a somewhat diamond shape and resoldering the ladderline section to this newly created point for feeding.
Would I have to add my old 4/1 balun?
Would all this work or am I just barking up the wrong tree.

73:

Michael De VO1RYN

P S
I do plan on rearranging my shack to shortin' up way too much coax and ground wire.