From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 00:06:52 -0400
not sure if anyone else answered it bt no and no it won't speak frequency at all which is stupid  it's as if they added speech just to be silly not to make it truly easier to use
in fact i have no problem running it without speech on at all, which tells you somethign about what a waste of tiem the speech actually is  but it's a good radio. no other radio gives you an indication of frequency either especilly the thfa which i do want, but acn't aford   there was an icom tri band radio that did offer morse code frequency redout, but that's al the readout did was frequency
and it ate batteries like crazy from what i heard  it was neww in 03 and is already dicontinued from what I have heard and didn't sell terribly well