From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:18:46 -0600
agreed.
a strictly 2M mobile will be cheaper yes, but certainly not half the price
of one of the new dual banders.
And, you won't find a 2M mobile with the remote head or any sort of speech
capability.
Spend the extra hundred bucks if you got it and get the TM V71A...you won't
regret it.
Otherwise, perhaps an HT and a small 30W brick amp for higher power output
might be an alternative if your going 2M only.
You can get a small cheap 2M HT, and a decent speaker mike, use the brick
amp, and an outside antenna on the car, and you'll be good to go.

73
Colin, V A6BKX