From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2011 16:22:54 -0400
Good deal Ed.  Sounds like Windows 7.   If you are using a recent
version of jaws, you can go to utilities/soundcards in the drop down
menu and see which sound card is selected.  You must have something in
your system that windows sees as another sound device.  If the jaws menu
is set to " windows default sound card" and  windows makes this other
thing the default sound device, you are back to square one again.    In
my case, I have '"speakers" selected under the jaws menu, so  even if
windows grabs some other device  and makes it the default, jaws still
stays on the speakers.

This has been the only problem I've had with Win 7 over the past year.

73, Steve KW3A