From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:41:14 -0600
one of the antennas that we tested along side the hamstick, hussler tripple
resonator set up and the 200FT long wire was a camelion.  This is supposedly
a multi band antenna that is supposed to work from 80M through 70CM.
It uses a 9 to 1 balun...yup, a 9 to 1 balun at the feed point.
you are supposed to use a 40FT counter poise on it as well.
That antenna was not only on average 2-4S units deafer on all bands, but
wouldn't even tune using an external auto tuner on 80 and 40M.  It's a 300
dollar antenna made up of two 4FT sections of helically wound wire, with
traps or loading coils on it.
For $300, it's worse than a dummy load on most bands because it doesn't even
present a 50 ohm load to the tuner.
One of the guys who was along on the trip is a relatively new ham and swore
by the camelion.  we pretty much quashed his enthusiasm for the piece of
garbage with a simple ham stick and hussler set up.
I think for the 20M, 40M and 80M resonators along with the bass rod for the
husslers, it was around $300 including all appropriate mounting hardware.
We were able to get the husslers right down to a perfectly flat match using
an antenna analyzer on all 3 bands with all three resonators mounted on the
same bass rod.
 A little narrow banded, but they gave us at least 75KC's of 1 to 1 in the
areas of the bands we wanted.

the 200FT long wire, made out of 4 conducter telephone extension wire,
hooked up to an Icom AH-4 long wire tuner worked very well indeed...until
the rain water got into the connection points and made it deaf lol.
We ran it up in some trees about 25 feet off the ground.
unfortunately, 80M was not great that weekend, so we only talked around the
province on it, but it worked really good on 40M and 20M.
It tuned up, with the AH-4, on all bands between 1.8 and 30MHZ.

73
Colin, V A6BKX