From:
Pierre Berube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:05:42 -0400
Like I said  the heater that gave off  spurious  interference was a
Armstrong, the induction motor  was the  cause, the guts that was inside
were not fcc accepted. my furnace installer after two months  fought  with
Armstrong they made a special wiring harness  that had filters and still did
not work.
My furnace then  installed a York furnace and the spurious interference was
gone.
So if you get a new furnace  be sure while there installing the furnace your
home and  you turn on your receiver , start off at 3885 kcs on  A.M. Mode if
you do not hear anything during the cycle  your ok, if you hear the hi pitch
wine of a motor  you have  a problem. You should not hear any wine of a
motor start up. If it does tell the people to stop and  insist  on a
different furnace. Remember we are  fcc licensed  radio operators, we follow
the rules and the  furnace  people have to follow part 15.
So not all furnaces     are not alike.
Pierre
k9eye
home e-mail: