From:
Trevor Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2011 14:37:43 +0800
My Shack Has been the main computer room etc for many years.

Compared to some of your shacks mine is quite sparse.

Sitting at the main computer, I have on my right, a filing cabinet with a
printer on, to my left there is a L shaped bench So directly on my left is a
OCR scanner connected to the PC in front of me, and then going back down the
long side of the L shaped Bench so going back behind me, I have a Router,
Which serves the rest of the House, then a phone, then about a metre and a
Half, there is an IC7000 and along side that is the IC475 for cm70. Above
this bench are two shelves with all sorts of things on, not radio related.
at the other end of the L shaped bench, at 90 degrees to the IC475, there is
another set of Draws with all bits and pieces and a Braille Embosser on. A
few feet further on there is the wall witch comes back to the doorway on my
right. On this wall is another Three draw filing cabinet. Over the Years, My
shack became the room, that, if nothing had a home it came in here. Now the
boys are grown we have a little more room around the place. I am actually
trying to work out a better layout in the shack, so that I might put the
older Radios back out on the bench. I have an old IC745 and a Tr9000 from
Kenwood. Both these Radios did well until very recently, when the IC7000
moved in. In a few weeks the TW2 will be on the desk as well. Now I think it
is time to really set the Station up again, with a couple of Band switching
devices and look at the Antenna Farm.

73

Trevor.

VK6YJ.