From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2011 13:20:02 -0700
Hi Pierre,

My shack is in a general L shape.  The main and what I think of as the
modern section consists of a computer desk with a keyboard shelf under the
main surface.  On the main surface my TS-590 sits directly in front of me
with a book shelf speaker to its immediate left.  Just on the other side of
the partition which divides this space are my paddle and straight key with
my rotator control and audio direction indicator to the right of them.  On
the second level and again directly in front of me sits the computer flat
screen monitor with the audio control for my computer speakers on it left
and a SignaLink USB to the right.  A cupboard containing miscellaneous
materials is to the right of that and hung under that cupboard are a speaker
for my TM-V71 and the radio itself.  On the top shelf are miscellaneous
items including a couple of airplane replicas, an unused Kantronics TNC, a
metal callsign stand sent to me by a friend and my atomic clock.

To my immediate left is a small desk I picked up at a second hand store and
onto which I built a second layer.  On the lower deck, left to right, are my
Drake T-4XC, R-4C, MS-4 speaker, an old straight key given to me by a friend
and a Heath 1410 keyer.  An MFJ 752B sits on top of the speaker with a fan
and a dummy load sitting on top of the transmitter.  A Schurr 444 sits in
front of the speaker on a mouse pad.  On the top shelf, right to left are a
Knight TR-106 six meter AM transceiver, the matching Knight T-175 six meter
amplifier, an old audible tuning aid and a Sony AM/FM radio.  I refer to
this desk as my vintage station.

In the corner, between the two desks is the printer table on wheels which
matches this modern computer desk.  I refer to this area as my power cart.
On the top is my SPE Expert 1-KFA solid state amp with a Tentec 238B tuner
on the next shelf down and on the bottom is a Heath SB-220 I use with the
vintage equipment.  A Heil mic boom is clamped to the top desk of this table
and leans out over the operating area directly in front of me.  As I sit
here at the modern station there is a smaller matching wheeled cabinet to my
right and under the main desk which has my computer mouse on the top where I
don't need it and a tape recorder on the next level down.  There are two
drawers in this cabinet one of which is a typical miscellaneous junk drawer
and the other is a file drawer with all my manuals and reference materials
in it.

The antenna array consists of 50 feet of Rohn 25G on the north end of the
house.  It holds my six band, 2 element quad with a 2 meter/70 centimeter
ground plain above it at about 57 feet.  Hung off a cross bar just below the
rotator plate are my 80/40 inverted Vee and a 160 meter inverted L.

I hope that gives everyone a clear idea of what the station looks like and
I'm sorry for the long description.  Very 73 to all.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX