Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:43:23 -0400
Yup, counting frequency that way.  A local ham here in town, Gordy Main
(sk), actually came up with the idea of the intermittent calibrator that
Tentec used.

I have a friend who was brilliant for modifying rigs for us to be able to
use more independently.  When I bought my Ts-820, he put five pins in the
dial skirt by heating the metal pin and inserting it in the plastic.  The
ones at 20, 40, 60 and 80 had slightly smaller heads than the one at 0 did.
In that way, I rarely had to use the calibrator and I was always within
maybe 2 khz of the correct frequency.

On the TS-700A I bought from him, he put Braille dots around the metal
skirt.

And, now, we complain that the TS-2000 menu isn't as accessible as the
TS-480 or Ts-590 is.  Lol!.

Stev3we, K8SP