From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 08:40:49 -0500
That is great to know. I know that a lot of these accessibility
problems are not some evil conspiracy to keep us from using a
certain technology even if they do have that effect.

	There is no DSTAR in my town right now, but I do hear a
DSTAR system or at least I hear the noise from one in Oklahoma
City which is about 50-60 miles away. One fellow with the DSTAR
group was running a table at Ham Holiday which is OKC's big ham
blowout every July and he was, I think, going through an
Internet Gateway via WiFi as there were hams from all over the
world chattering away through the gateway.

	The interface issues are very important because part of
what makes DSTAR attractive is the ability to use the channel
for either voice or 128KB/S data. You can do a lot at 128 KB

that you can't do at lower speeds but the interface should not
get in the way or it's just another curiosity.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer