From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2011 22:16:01 -0400
I think most of the handhelds are made by the same company or companies now
be they from the chinese or the big 3, I've seen so many of the big 3 lately
that are designed so similar in the housing it's not even funny. I'm not
sure about the mobiles though, the Kenwood TM-271A is made to a commercial
standard and I have yet to know anyone who's had a problem with one, really
it looks like one of their commercial radios but sounds more like a Motorola
which it also resembles but it seems like icom and yaesu have qc issues
lately on that side. I don't think they make their own either, if they make
anything of their own it's the HF equipment.