From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2011 20:28:59 -0400
When Pete checked into the net yesterday, he pointed out that people should
read the two articles on his website concerning the Chirp software.  Since
it is written for Linux and for Windows, I would speculate that it might be
using the QT GUI library, as the PC Kindle Reader software does, meaning
that JAWS or Window-Eyes can read whatever comes into focus, but that the
mouse pointer or JAWS cursor may not read anything.  For Window-Eyes, you
need a script to read QT windows at all.  I probably won't be testing the
software, since I don't have any VHF equipment that I could program with it.

The article on this software is at www.hamradioandvision.com which is Pete's
site.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls