From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2011 05:51:59 -0400
that is the faul of the people who set up the rf link and don't bother to go through the setup properly  there is an optiona nd always has been to defer announcements if freq is busy or supress them r hav enone at all, same for disconnects and any other anouncements.  if you are hearing connects right over the other traffic then inform the owner of the system that he needs to fix the setup  andother problem is people who use the voice id instead of the cw id which is polite and unabtrusive. don't blame echolink  blame the lid operators who can't be bothered or maybe aren't capable of reading the documentation and checkng all of the settings and takign te time to doit right. that why  I think we need MORE questins about echolink an other voip modes tha tpeople are using  when ws the last ime someonebuilt a transmitter as a tech?   with the exception fo the kit builers or teh home brew people, which are awesome  noone builds radios we are all applicance operators   so the real dumb test woul dbe the one that didn't make yu learn echolink questions and setup.  I ran an on the air node fr years until I moved to the Ralwigh area and choose not to leave i tup full time because there si alread an excellent system up with irlp and echolink www.carolina440.com
I think that's the site lol check ti out and see or just google carolina 440 you will get it  danny has an awesome sysem with over 28000 square miles of coverage  most handheld rubber duckie coverage

73 kb7nla