From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2011 22:21:47 -0400
Fred and Tom,

I'll be interested to hear what Alpha Delta says on this.  I don't have
one, but use an antenna of similar design.  I don't see how changing the
75/80 meter band will affect other bands.  The 40 meter dipole section
(between the center insulator and the coils), and the parallel dipoles
for the other bands  should be independent of  whatever changes are made
to  the 75/80 meter wires after the coils.

In my own installation (full size 80 meter dipole,  coils and extra wire
to resonate on 160, and parallel dipole for 40 meters from the same feed
point), any changes to the 160 meter section has no effect on  the 80 or
40 meter dipoles.

Maybe there is something going on with the Alpha Delta that I'm not
aware of, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

73, Steve KW3A