From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 22:01:11 -0400
From: "tom behler" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "blind hams list" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "mike mckay (work)" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 9:59 PM
Subject: Info on Comet WS1 window mount

Hi, all:

Here's some info on the Comet WS1 Window mobile antenna mount that I
acquired the other day.

Upon further testing, the mount seems to work fine when I connect it to my
outdoor VHF./UHF antenna on the roof of the house.

So, now, I need to see if I can get an NMO to PL259 adapter of some sort to
accommodate the Diamond 770 VHF./UHF mobile antenna that I currently use.

If anyone knows of such an adapter, please let me know.

I'
m going to e-mail Universal Radio to see what I can find out.

Again, here's the WS1 info:

      The Comet WS-1M is a heavy-duty window mount that will hold a gain
antenna under 40 inches (1 m) in height. It slips over the edge of either a
roll-up or pop-put window. Two suction cups hold the bracket and coax
snuggly to the window. The problem with most window mounts is they have a
BNC connectors for 1/4 wave rubber duck. A 1/4 wave must be grounded to work
well. The WS-1M will hold a 1/2 wave antenna, which is independent of the
ground plane. It has adjustments for height and angle and has Comet's
two-step cable assembly. It is ideal for non-metal cards, rental cars and
company vehicles. Includes rain cap and Allen wrench.

      Special Note:
      The WS1M will not work on car or truck windows that have an extra
rubber gasket cemented around the perimeter of the window glass. This
prevents the mount from sliding down all the way. Plastic window shades may
also preclude proper mounting.

      Send e-mail to [log in to unmask]