From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2011 17:52:41 -0500
Hi, all.

As you know, we have been holding our East Coast Mid West 40-meter round
table on 7.198 MHZ over the past few weeks with no problem.

Today, when we got to 7.198, an individual nicely informed us that our net
would conflict with North Cars, which typically operates on or near 7.198
around 2100 Z on Saturdays.

I had not heard of this before.

The individual with this information was very nice about letting us know,
and there certainly was no hostility involved.  In fact, he took the time to
announce our changed frequency to 7.215 to anyone who was still on 7.198
looking for us.

Can someone on the list do a little research project during the upcoming
week?  We need to know if 7.198 is truly occupied by North Cars at 2100 Z,
and if so, we then will need to find a good working frequency for our round
table.  I believe the lower limit for SSB for General class operators is now
7.175, so we'll want to keep that in mind.  It seems that up above 7.200, we
get bombarded by foreign broadcast sations, but maybe there is an open spot
in there somewhere.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, and hopefully, we'll be able to
arrive at a good working frequency for our round table by next Saturday:
February 19th.
73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ