From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:40:01 -0500
Hi, everyone.

Well, these may be famous last words, but I think I might have just solved
my problem with stray RF cutting off my Astron power supply and Rig Runner
when tuning up my amp on 20 meters.

I put an RF choke on the DC power lead that runs from the Astron to the rig
runner, and another RF choke on the AC power cord of the surge protector
strip into which the Astron is plugged.  I wanted to put a choke on the
actual power cord for the Astron, but, due to the way things are set up in
my shack, the power cord wasn't long enough for that.

I seem to be able  to tuned things up now with no problem on 14.258.  I
tested things out by making a contact in the Louisiana QSO party.  Then, I
went down the band a bit, and worked an OE in Vienna Switzerland, who was
wracking up stateside contacts.  I asked him to give me an honest signal
report, and he said 5 by nine without question.

I'm not going to count my chickens before they are hatched, but at least I'm
making some progress here.

I may still make up a ground wire for the Astron supply, just to be doubly
safe.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ