From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2011 09:16:40 -0500
Tom,

Here is a good link for anyone with kenwood gear to keep handy:

http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/software_download.html

Firmware and memory programs are here,  just go down the page to the
480.   I didn't realize that later firmware gave a wider range for the
tuner.   Latest firmware is Nov. 2008, so mine which was purchased last
year should be ok.

I did notice that the tuner on the 480 seemed a bit better than the one
in the 2000, but I use external tuners anyway, so no big deal.

I'm sure the cable you have is all you need, but have no idea as to
procedure.

Good luck, if you smell smoke just keep going since it can't get any worse.

Steve KW3A