Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 19 May 2011 07:27:16 -0230
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Lloyd:

Yes if I was starting over as well, I'd probably spent another 500 for the FT-950 and would have sacrificed the voice.
Maybe would have purchased the 590 but at the time I got my new HF, the TS-590 hadn't been released up here in Canada.
As I mainly required a remote capable rig, knowing what I know now, I would have purchased what I needed for remoting my TS-570DG.
That way, I would have been able to hold on to my Heath SB-220, which I sold to purchase the Microbit system.
On your 950, do you have an option called SETDIL in the menu system? It wouldn't be mentioned in the manual.
This tip was given to me by a subscriber of the Yaesu FT-450 group.
This SETDIL allows you to set the select knob to adjust the RF power. That's how I adjust my power. Toggle the select, rotate for the power setting I want, then toggle the select again.

73:

Michael

P S

The FTDX-5000 starts at 5500 up here and I'm thinking there would be 60% of the rig wouldn't be used!:) but it would be a treat to listen to though:)