From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2011 06:33:00 -0500
My shack is hard to explain.  It's in the recroom of a house that was built
before 1930.  I keep thinking of moving it upstairs, but every time a room
becomes available, the sewing monster devours the space.
Anyway standing at the door, on your left is the computer desk with the
scanner to the left of that on a file cabinet.  The desk has the desk a
hutch, and under the desk is a Braille writer, and a large UPS.
The computer printer and speakers are on the top of the hutch, along with
the portable hard drive.  behind the desk is the half bath, and a bar.  ten
feet further in to the room, their is an alcove on the left with the
entertainment system, that includes 400 albums and much of the open reel
collection.  Their is a easy chair, old printer stand used as a table, and a
coffee table inside the alcove.  The coffee table holds a heater, extra
radios, nls player, and sometimes a victor reader stream.
To the right of the easy chair sits the printer stand.  The top shelf is for
coffee, pipe holder, ash tray, and two way speaker.  On the next shelf is
the control head for the ts480, microphone, and bencher.
Behind this is a couch, and to it's left is a set of two plastic shelves.
The shelves hold the power supply for the ts480 and tmv711, both radios, the
mfj 989 tuner, tw1, and usually a radio for listening while napping on the
couch.  Now to the left of the shelves is the radio desk.  This is a U
shaped desk, where part of the u is for radio, and the other side is for the
cat's food and water, parts, tobacco, and a sx71 that doesn't work.  The
supports for the desk are two drawer file cabinets full of stuff.
Their is a cabinet over one side of the desk.
From right to left, we have a sx100, johnson valiant, d-104 microphones,
tentec omni D, and scattered power supplies and strips.
On the shelf, we have a tentec corsair, hifi jvc-501, 5 band equalizer,
various spray cans and two pipe racks.
One part of that has a top shelf, where the heath balun and transmitter for
the wireless headphones are.
Their is a straight key, and a coax switch to switch the radios to the
antenna tuner in there somewhere.
Let's see, open reels, pioneer 7907, sx71 and 100, and a valiant, along with
a turntable.  Maybe I hang on to stuff?
The room is maybe 20 by 30 feet.  It used to have an exercise bike in it,
but that's upstairs now.
Their is a kegerator in the back corner, that doesn't work and needs a new
home.

H T Kaufman MSW LCSW
Adaptive Technology Instructor