From:
Pierre Berube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:08:24 -0400
Since I am new on the list, I am not sure what each members shack consists  of.
So Since  I am here I might as well start off, and than each member can describes there own shack too.
My shack  is  my office that I work at at home. my main desk  is my work, and personal computer with my scanners..
To the right there is a L desk where all my ham equipment.
There is  a desk and two shelves.
At the top right side is  my tenteck Omni six plus to the left of  the tenteck is  my Kenwood ts50 and then next to that is my old radio shack Navaho  23 channel cb transceiver.
on the next shelve down starting from the right is my tuners stacked, the lower one is a detron kw1 manual tuner, above that is a mfj 993a automatic tuner, and on top of that is my ldg talking swr meter.
to the left of the tuners is two radios stacked, on the bottom is my icomm 718 then on top of that is a icomm 706 with a qsy'er controlling the icomm 706
to the left of that is my Kenwood 7a 2 meter / 440 transceiver left to that is my 300/500 watt all band solid state linear by rm Italy
to the right  of that is my 50 amp switching power supply.
on the next level down which is the desk level is  my  A.M. station that consists  of a Johnson Messenger converted to 75 meter, a k7dyy class d junior  a.m. transmitter and for my receiver I have a icomm R75.
then on the far left is my Kenwood TS 520 tube rig.
in storage I have a knight t60 and a Heathkit 6 meter A.M. lunchbox transceiver.
As you can tell, the newest equipment is my icomm 718, however I enjoy using my old Kenwood ts 520 tube rig better.

my antenna is a 66 foot long of  450 ohm ladder line  shorted at both ends and feed  in the center with 450 ohm ladder line. I run it vertically and horizontally  it is up 30 feet up, also known as a folded dipole,
I use old glass knife switches to switch between tuners, and to control the antenna  as  a vertical and a dipole.
Most of all my radios were given to me not working, and I had them repaired and working up to snuff and some were built for me.
My very first hf radios were a kenwood ts130 with a slide rule on top to tell me where I was at on the band, and then my next radio was a kenwood ts440, other rigs were transmitters only like a dx 40 and dx 20.
As i mentioned prior posts I  am getting into  digital mode  as soon as my Elmer gets all the stuff working for me.
I look forward hearing from everyone on there discription of there shack big or small, it is interesting what people use.
I have a friend with his shack in a closet , and another one has his in his living room in a roll  up desk.
So lets hear what everyone has.
Pierre k9eye
and Leader dog Smokey