From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2011 23:45:06 -0400
I'll throw this in, the first region NTS net, cycle 2, in the afternoon on
phone, normally meets on 75 meters. 75 meters has been difficult on it's
best days impossible the rest for those nets lately. We came up with a 40
meter backup frequency. A couple guys wanted to just move it to 40 meters
until further notice and I wasn't too keen on that idea, because 75 does
work most of the year it's just a couple months out of the year we struggle.
On top of that, 40 is very tough for those of us close together around those
times most of the year too. Then, a couple times the last 2 weeks, we moved
to the alternate frequency because we could tell someone was there on 75 but
that was it and thought 40 would be better. that's where it all fell apart
because that was even worse. It's been better for the last month and a half
now, but a couple times in the last 2 weeks now it didn't work. So, we'll
stay as we were, 75 meter primary, 40 meter backup if it may work. Point
being, it's nice to have an alternate if you can find one that works, but
don't change it because you'll only run in to a new set of issues. That
being said, there's nothing wrong with a few people saying that since the
usual net or get together didn't work out someone can't get a group together
somewhere else some other time. I can't make it, weekends are tough for me
in the spring and summer though my transportation to where I go on Saturdays
is no longer so I"m piecing rides together like I've done the last 2 years.
I hate doing it but it is what it is, and my fiance finding a real job is a
good thing so now money won't keep me home again anyway, so anyway I may be
here a few Saturdays but not many and I don't know when. the 18th is the
next possible candidate but I'll try to work that out.