From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 19:15:17 -0400
    John:

The Window mount bracket slips over the actual car window, and is secured
onto the inside of the window with two suction cups.  Also, when you close
the car window, the bracket fits into the top slot on the car door where the
window goes when it is closed.

I had never seen one of these things, but it is interesting.

And, I was not clear on my comment about continuity last night.  Basically,
I do not get a short across the PL259 connector, at least when there's no
antenna on the mount, which surprised me a bit because there is no ground.

Anyway, I'm obviously missing something here, so hopefully, others can help
clarify my thoughts.

In addition, I'd have to get an NMO to PL259 adapter to use my Diamond 770
with the mount.  We are having a local swap in our area in about 4 weeks, so
I'll probably wait till then to pick the adapter up, rather than having to
pay shipping if I ordered it now.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ