From:
Ron Steers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 17:16:13 GMT
On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:44:38 -0600, Robert Miller <[log in to unmask]>
mentioned:

>I have also seen this happen with HP printers, but I cannot remember the
>file that caused it. If memory serves, you will find a HP*.DLL in the
>windows directory - it needs to go to the windows/system directory. I found
>this fix in Technet when I worked for Gateway.

Robert,
        The article in the MS Knowledge Base mentioned a file that is
installed with scanners. My client has an HP scanner. Quoting the KB
article "Vhpscand.vxd file is located in the Windows\System folder
instead of the Windows\System\Iosubsys folder." Once the file is moved
to where it belongs, all seems well. In this particular case, the OS was
Win 95B, but the article does not mention whether this is specific just
to the B version.

--
 Best regards,

 Ron in Sacramento <[log in to unmask]>
 Computer * Support - Software Installation, Training & Updating
 (Internet and Software Setup, Troubleshooting)
 Personal and Small Business Consulting & Training
 In the Sacramento area, call (916) 566-9656

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]