Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2010 02:36:57 -0500
Adrienne Smith wrote:
   Any of you paleos ever
> experience fatty pancreas/sweetbreads?

No, but I found this:"Both the thymus and pancreas forms of sweetbreads
must be properly prepared before they can be cooked. Raw sweetbreads
often have a layer of fat and a sinewy outer membrane which must be
peeled away first. Many professional chefs recommend soaking the
sweetbreads in an acidic bath made from water and an acidic liquid such
as vinegar or wine. The sweetbreads should be soaked in this bath for
several hours, and the water should be changed out several times. This
process is said to make the membrane easier to remove and also drain off
any remaining enzymes and blood. Ideally, sweetbreads should be white or
slightly pink in color."

From:http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-sweetbreads.htm

I had sweetbreads once many years ago, liked it but never seen it since
and I no longer eat in restaurants.
Maybe I could order it from a butcher? Would it need be frozen?

William