From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2011 12:54:47 -0500
    Hi all.

On the TMV71A mailing list a little while ago, it was said that when
cross-banding, The TM-V71A can be
set up so you can have it ID every 10 minutes (on both
frequencies) to keep things legal.

Someone kindly posted the following instructions as to how to do this:

"Enter the Menu and go to RPT.ID Menu number 405 and enter your callsign
then

Enter Menu Mode again and go to Menu number 406 which says ID.TX

The selections for ID Transmit are Off, Morse, and Voice. Select Morse. Now
your all setup. It transmits at twenty words per minute."

I have tried to follow these instructions, but when I get into  menu 405 to
enter my call sign as my
id, the VGS1 voice chip doesn't give me any prompts.  Can I enter my call
sign via the radio using the mic key pad, or is this something that needs to
be done in the programming software?

Also, do I need to put a special designator after my call indicating that I
am cross-banding?

I have asked these questions on the TMV71A list, but thought someone here
might have tried this and been successful.

Any help would be appreciated, since this seems to be a really cool function
worth trying when crossbanding.

Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ