From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:07:40 -0400
Tom,

I never used the Cobra.  Perhaps one of the other Steve's on the list.
Over the past few years I've used 2 of the shortened dipoles from Hypower
Antenna Company in Pennsylvania.   The current one up is full size for 80
and shortened for 160 with a total length of 164 feet.  A 40 meter inverted
Vee is fed from the same feedpoint.

Also had a off center type up for a while, but  it's unbalanced design gave
me RF problems causing the SS amp to trip on 80 and 40 meters at anything
over 400 watts.

As for the coax loss: Don't get too bent out of shape over it.  Of course
the higher the freq and longer the run, the more it comes into play.
Another consideration for dipoles is  the weight and visibility of the
larger coax.

I currently use Davis RF Bury-flex.  Of course it's been several years and
I'm sure the price has  gone up since I bought it.

73 and good luck with the move and new set up, Steve KW3A