From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2010 13:09:29 -0800
I don't think we're saying they're not good radios, although even Yaesu
fans admit they have quality control problems, but the point I'm making is
accessibility.  I don't care if it is the best radio ever made and it only
costs two hundred dollars, if it isn't accessible to me, what good is it
to me?  I haven't seen the radio I won, but so far from what folks have
written, it won't do me much good which makes me sad as it covers 160
through 440 and has a lot of bang for the buck.  My main problem with
Yaesu is their attitude ow unwillingness to put in speech.  I guess the
450 has it, but none before have and the technology is cheap and been
around for years.  My 440 I bought back in 85 had a speech option.  The
last Yaesu I owned, I think was a 980, not sure of the number, owned it
back in early 80s.  I owned it for a year and 6 months out of that year it
spent in the shop.  I just wish I'd won a radio that talked.
73
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr
open Node 3148