From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 11:45:57 -0400
Thanks Art.  That's how mine used to look.  Now the letters in parentheses are missing.  If I right-click a drive name and select "Change..letter" I get an EMPTY window with the only button choice bein "Add".   If I click "Add" THEN I get a window that says I can change the drive letter, but I'm never told what the current drive letter is
- EVER - nowhere in "Disk Management".   The empty "Add" window seems superfluous - do you get that as well?

Also, in the bottom section, the CD Rom drive shows its letter in parenthesis, but Disk 0 and Disk 1 say "Basic", the size in GB, and "Online".  It just seems strange all over, not like it used to.  When I change a drive letter, I think the letter flashes momentarily beside the Volume name, but quickly vanishes.

I found a clip of the DiskMgmt window portion from a year ago and the drive letters don't show even back then.  I haven't needed to mess with it once I got it set, I guess, until now - and now the drive letters will need to be set again when install a fresh system on the new harddrive (I want to still use many of my app profiles in which I have referenced drive letter paths).

Any ideas?    Thanks...  --AnnaSummers