Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 10:42:34 -0700
Bob,

That is fine, XP with SP2. If you are going to install that fresh on your Dell, then I would recommend that you also install SP3 either as Windows update or via a slipstream at the same time. Do that before you install any applications and you'll be set. One person likes to rant against SP3 and Vista, but contempt prior to investigation runs rampant some times. I've been running Vista 64 bit since December and it is just fine. If any one remembers when XP first came out it was horrible, Win 98 was where it was at. Yeah, how many of you want to go back to Win98? As then the hardware has to support XP or Vista as the case may be. XP was hardware hungry vs. 98 which was a real point of contention for people that balked at moving to XP, as is Vista. If anyone runs Windows update they already have 90% of what is in SP3 anyway. You are probably correct in assuming that XP Home may be fine as well if that is all their needs are.

Brad Loomis