ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doris and Chris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:44:24 -0400
I was asked to provide instructions for the free audio Bible download
from "Faith comes by hearing" that I posted about the other day.

i thought some on here mind find those useful too.

god bless,

Doris

forwarded mesage:

Please find step by step instructions for downloading a free audio NT from

http://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com/

below.

1. In your favorite browser - I recommend firefox - go to

http://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com/

2.  Find and click/enter on the link

"Free Audio Bibles"

3. On this page, in the first combo box, select the language you want
your audio Bible in. the default is "english".

4. in the next combo box, select the New Testament, Kids' bible or
the ESV Old Testament (the ESV is the only OT available). do not
confuse the "ESV Old Testament" with "ESV Old Testament stories and
Harmonized Gospels" this is identical with the ESV Kids bible

5. Tab to and click/enter on

"free download"

6. this will open a "save as" dialog for the "bible Ambassador"
software, fcbh's proprietary download manager that is also a torrent
client under the hood.

7. Save the Bible ambassador to a location on your hard drive.

8. Once it is downloaded, go to the location where you saved the
Bible ambassador program to.

8. Enter on the file and follow the prompts to install the program.

9. Once installed, the download of your previously selected bible
version should start.

If you get an error message from the web updater of the Bible
ambassador, click ok nad, if required, shut it down from task
manager. closing the webupdater should not affect the download of your Bible.

should you experience any crashes of the Bible Ambassador program
during your download (the Bible Ambassador program doesn't appear to
be the most stable program in the world), just restart the Bible
ambasader and your download should resume where it left off.

With a bit of fiddling and if your screenrader uses a video
intercept,  you can monitor the download progress with your
screnreader's review cursor. If your download was interrupted and is
resumed, the Bible ambasador will rehash the parts it has already
downloaded before it resumes the download just as any other torrent
client would.

By default, your audio Bible selection will be downloaded to

x:\documents and settings\user\my documents\my music\faith comes by Hearing

where "x"\ is the drive letter of your system drive

and

"user" is the user name under which you are logged onto widnows.

Unfortuatnely any further free downloads of require going thru the
interface of the Bible Ambassador program that also allows selection
of language and bible version. this part of the program is not
accessible at all. actulaly the selection combo boxes can be used by
someone experienced with their screenreader's  mouse emulation but
the download button is a graphic that is not visible to a screenrader
at all. I do not know if anythig would show up on a Braille display.

hth

doris