ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:56:50 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I have a little Prayer request, please.

I need to give you a bit of history, first.

In 1977, I got on SSDI. In 1979, Social Security offered me Medicare.
I turned down the offer for Medicare, because Vernon had excellent
health insurence, and I didn't think I needed Medicare. Big mistake.
In 2001, I found out that I would be penylized ten percent, for every
year I did not take Medicare. I signed up for Medicare in July of
2001 during the Special Enrolment period.

They are taking over $300.00 out of my SSDI check for Medicare. We
just got a letter, and found out that they will be taking an
additional $32.00 out of my SSDI check for Medicare. I've written to
the Social Security Administration, and I've talked to them on the
phone, but they will not reverse this at all.

We even went threw Verizon, which use to be G T E, where Vernon
worked. They were too lazy to do anything about this, and all we
wanted them to do is look up the records, to prove that Vernon had
health insurence coverage for both of us, and that I was on his plan.
They didn't do anything. They wanted to lie to SSA, and tell them
that Vernon started working there in May of 1999, or something weird
like that, and we would not do that. I told them that I'm not lying
to the SSA at all. We didn't either. I'm so upset about this, and I
don't know what to do now. Do I get a lawyer? It would cost me a lot
of money in lawyer fees.

Please pray for me, that God will show me how to handle this
situation, and how to get it reversed. Then, I would like to make
them pay me back all the money they have taken out of my check since 2001.

Your prayers and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Love and Blessings,

Pat Ferguson