From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2010 11:16:48 -0500
I think there is a bit of a difference here.  We have to get from place to
place even if someone else has to do the driving.  So the better the vehicle
we are in the better our chances of getting there.

Here in New Orleans there is a controversy about whether or not there should
be cameras on street corners catching and ticketing drivers who run red
lights.  I am for that, because if I or another blind person are crossing
the street and someone hits us because they run a red light or turn right on
red at the wrong time and we are hit because of it and we are killed or have
to spend time in the hospital and have a long road of rehab ahead of us
because of it we are effected.
Harvey