From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 21:55:28 -0400
Tom,

Your problem is actually much easier to fix than that.  Just press either of
the volume controls for 2 seconds and both radios will come back.  You
probably pressed one or the other for longer than you meant to, which is
what put the radio into "Single Band" mode in the first place.

The Function + TX Power actually performs a different (and rather
interesting) function.  If you're using the A radio to transmit and just
monitoring the B radio, the volume on the B radio will be lowered
considerably when the A radio's squelch opens, either because you turned the
control fully counter-clockwise, or because a signal opened the squelch.
When the signal disappears or the squelch is closed, the volume of the B
radio is returned to normal.  Of course, you won't appreciate this function
until you return the radio to "Dual Band" mode as described above.
Incidentally, you can assign both of these functions to PF keys if you want
to.  The assignment for Function + TX Power is called "Mute", and the other
function is called "Dual".

Steve