From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:02:27 -0600
it's not too hard.
You go and find the absolute cheapest stove/oven you can find.
you might have to special order that model in from your favorite appliance
retailer, but they'll be able to provide something that has regular knobs
and buttons.
Our stove uses very flat buttons, on a smooth screen for the clock and timer
controls.  You can still feel where the button is to some extent, but
they're hard to feel.
washers and dryers are also going very much the way of either touch screen,
very flat buttons behind a plastic film on a screen, or menu driven options
especially on the washing machines.
it's difficult to find something that has regular old knobs with a skirt
around the edge that you can label for various cycles and times and so on.
Our apartment building lawndry room has washers and dryers that are totally
button and LCD screen controled.
not to mention they add in the complexity of a lawndry card that shows you
how much you have left on the card and so on.
73
Colin, V A6BKX