From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:07:19 -0600
any device, including passengers?
Passengers have been a distraction to drivers since cars first came on the
road.
why do you think some places won't allow student or first/second year
drivers to haul people around?
So, I think if they're going to permanently bann the use of sell phones to
text while driving, and demand hands free kits in cars, then they should
also either only allow one person vehicles, or put non-see through dividers
between the drivers compartment and the rest of the vehicle to avoid
passenger distractions.
They're just as deadly as texting or talking while driving.
  I don't see this as  unreasonable.  They say the issue is distraction from
the task of driving.  So, if they're going to start taking away distractions
and making certain things illegal to do inside your own car because it could
potentially distract you, then they must go all the way.  Laws should be all
or nothing, not half measures.
73
Colin, V A6BKX